Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We're Almost Ready

Hi All,

We had a land slide vote for option B in the poll.

"We challenge ourselves to write one or two pieces per month, choosing from a preformed list of composition types, with the goal to write two pieces of each type within the year."

I realized though, that in writing option B for the poll, I didn't make it clear whether or not we were each choosing for ourselves each month from the preformed list or if we were going to choose two composition styles for all of us each month. I think I always took it to mean we would choose for ourselves. What about you all? What do you prefer? Comments?

All of you who are now signed on to the blog as authors can also add to the list of composition types. Please do. I'll add some as well. We need 24 types, so there is a lot of room for creativity here. Once we've got the list of composition types, and we've established how we are choosing from that list each month, we should be ready to start. I'm so excited. We only need Johnna and Meghan to sign up as authors. The rest of us are ready to go.

Please don't be shy about making comments. It's lonely in cyberspace without them!

6 comments:

Liv said...

Hey all! Just about there! I added several composition types that I thought of, but feel free to modify them if you want to. Also, with the short story if we're running low on composition types we can break it into different kinds of short stories (comedy, first person, mystery, sci-fi, etc.). After all, autobiographical is really a short story too, but a personal one!

And I'm with Bek-let's pick our own each time. That will give us more freedom in terms of what we get to read (i.e. we won't be reading 10 haikus or anything), and will allow us to pick a composition to match our 'mood' that month.

Rebekii said...

Hi all - I realized last night that we only need 12 composition types for the year... I was thinking 24 sounded like a lot... anyway, we have seven so far, so don't be shy about adding a few.

Liv said...

We've got 15 now! Seems like maybe we have enough to get started, no?

Rebekii said...

Hi All - Yes, I do believe we are ready to begin. So choose two types, as you please, from the list (which looks great by the way!). We'll try to post our piece or pieces around the 22nd and then have that last week of the month to read each others work. We have had a family emergency this last week. Weston's father had a massive stroke. We have been in Utah with his family for the past five days. Weston's Dad has beat the odds and is still with us, but is still in intensive care and the going is slow. I hope I'll have the where with all to write something this month. Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

Rebekii said...

I just saw that Johnna and Meg have responded the author invite. Great! I just granted you administrator privileges so you will be able to post your pieces and add to all the lists, etc. Wonderful. We are all ready to go.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't be the only one new to blogs. Can we (I mean I) get some instruction on how to post our stories? I was hoping to see others post theirs first, but haven't seen any yet. Thanks!!

Sincerely,
The Blog Challenged