I have always loved the poem from William Carlos Williams called "This is just to say" were it is a simple verse about eating the plums "which you were probably saving for breakfast. Forgive me, they were so sweet and so cold." I thought I would allude to that verse.
An Allusion to William Carlos Williams
I wanted to write a poem
about eating plums for
breakfast that were not for me,
but my husband
doesn’t like plums,
nor would he eat them for breakfast.
So...
sorry Dear, I drank the last
of the milk.
Wait! Wait! Wait for me!
13 years ago
3 comments:
The William Carlos Williams poem you allude to is one of my favorites of his. Williams is good at capturing a single moment/image with only a few words. I like the reference and the humor that you use in your free verse.
Well apparently I am going to have to read some William Carlos Williams because I certainly like this poem inspired from him!
Very clever. It made me laugh.
Post a Comment